Cactus Jack’s Backcountry Trilogy,
a Fishing Tournament benefiting the Marine Mammal Conservancy!
Catch the Trilogy!
Grand Prize for the Angler who catches the largest combined length of the three species:
Black Drum, Redfish and Trout!
Friday, December 14, 2012 – Kickoff Party
Bar Opens at 5pm/Appetizers at 5:30pm
Captain/Angler’s Meeting at 6pm
Sunday, December 16, 2012 – It’s a Family Event!
Crazy Carnival for the Family from 2pm – ‘til…
Carnival food, BBQ, bounce house, balloon pop, milk bottle toss, cornhole, silent auction & raffles.
Dinner and Awards Banquet at 6pm
Trilogy Champion – largest combined length of the three species: Black Drum, Redfish and Trout
1st, 2nd, 3rd Place – Redfish and Trout Categories
1st & 2nd Place – Combined Length Redfish and Trout in Youth Division
Top Guide – Awarded to Trilogy Captain
All Events at Cactus Jack’s Sports Bar & Pub, Mile Marker 104, Key Largo
Please download the entry form (CJs Trilogy Rules & Entry Form), fill it out and send it with a check to:
Key Largo Merchants Association, 103900 Overseas Highway, Key Largo, FL 33037
We are seeking sponsors as well as donation items for a raffle/silent auction. If you’re able to help us out, please contact Alex@MarineMammalConservancy.org for the sponsorship form or to donate an item!
1. This is a catch and release tournament. Eligible species are Redfish, Black Drum, and Trout.
a) Trophies will be awarded in the Adult division for the first, second and third largest Redfish and Trout – by length.
b) A trophy will be awarded in the Youth Division for the first and second largest combined length of Redfish and Trout.
c) Trilogy Champion: A trophy will be awarded to the angler with the largest combined length of Redfish, Black Drum and Trout. Must have all three species to qualify.
d) A trophy will be awarded to the Top Guide (licensed professional guide NOT registered as a paid angler) whose client is the Trilogy Champion.
3. Participants only qualify for prizes in division(s) they have entered. Youth anglers may enter the Adult Division by paying adult fees.
4. The maximum line test is 20 lb. or less unless fly fishing. Any type of leader is permitted.
5. Anglers must leave from and fish anywhere within Monroe County where fishing is legally permitted.
6. All catches by an angler must be photographed with one camera provided to that angler by the tournament committee. Photo must clearly show fish and a measuring device. Each angler must record length of fish and time of catch on provided score sheet.
7. In the event of a tie, winner will be determined by earliest recorded catch time.
8. Lines in will be immediately following end of Captain’s meeting on Friday, December 14, 2012. Fishing permitted day and night.
9. Cameras and score sheets must be turned in to scorer’s table between 2pm and 4pm on Sunday, December 16, 2012.
10. Decisions by the Tournament Committee will be final.
11. It is expressly understood that by entering this tournament all participants have entered at their own risk. The Tournament Directors, Key Largo Merchants Association, all sponsors and Cactus Jack’s (Florida Keys Restaurant Management, Inc.) shall be exempt from any liability.